SHIMA SEIKI MFG., LTD. (“Shima Seiki”) will appropriately handle any information relating to its users (the “User’s Information”) that Shima Seiki may collect through the Service, in compliance with the Personal Information Protection Act and other applicable laws and regulations, as described below.
Article 1. Collection of the User’s Information
Shima Seiki will obtain the User’s information through fair and lawful means. The User’s information to be obtained by Shima Seiki includes, among other things, the name, date of birth and email address of the User, the organization/division that the User belongs to, as well as the country of the User.
Article 2. Use of the User’s Information
1. Shima Seiki will use the User’s information for the purposes described below:
(i) Providing, improving and enhancing the Software;
(ii) Addressing comments and requests from the User; or
(iii) Soliciting or otherwise conducting marketing for products or services of Shima Seiki.
2. With respect to a User who pays the Running Fee and the Upfront Fee by credit card, Shima Seiki will obtain, as the User’s information, the number, name of the holder, expiration date, security code or any other necessary information of the relevant credit card.
3. For the purpose of improving the quality or fixing problems of the Software, and also soliciting, advertising or otherwise conducting marketing for products or services of Shima Seiki, Shima Seiki will anonymously collect and analyze data on computer(s) used by the User on which the Software is installed (such as information of such computer(s), and the product name, version, functions used, configuration, location and error logs of the Software). The User shall acknowledge and agree to such acts by Shima Seiki.
Article 3. Provision of the User’s Information to Third Parties
2. Shima Seiki will provide the User’s information set forth in Article 1 as well as the collected information and analysis results set forth in Article 2.3, to its subsidiaries (whether or not they are consolidated subsidiaries), contract distributors and contract agents in order to solicit or otherwise conduct marketing for products or services of Shima Seiki.
Article 4. Management of the User’s Information
1. Shima Seiki will endeavor to keep the User’s information accurate and up to date to the extent necessary for its purpose of use, and delete the User’s information upon completion of the purpose of use.
2. Shima Seiki will take appropriate information security measures against unauthorized access, computer viruses or the like in order to prevent any loss, destruction, falsification, leakage or the like of the User’s information.
Article 5. Subcontracting of the Handling of the User’s Information
1. Shima Seiki may outsource to a third party the handling of the User’s information it acquires, in whole or in part.
2. Shima Seiki will appropriately manage such outsourced third party through execution of a contract concerning the handling of the User’s information or through other means.
Article 6. Disclosure, Correction, Suspension of Use and Deletion of the User’s Information
Requests can be made to Shima Seiki concerning the User’s information, with regard to notification of the purposes of its use, disclosure thereof, correction, addition or deletion of any particular thereof, suspension of its use, deletion thereof, or suspension of provision thereof to a third party (collectively, the “Disclosure”). For the relevant procedures, please contact the Service Desk for Complaint and Consultation Concerning Personal Information. However, please note that there may be cases where the Disclosure is not possible due to the relevant provisions of any law or regulation or the like.
Service Desk for Complaint and Consultation Concerning Personal Information
Shima Seiki Mfg., Ltd.
Personal Information Protection Manager: Mitsuhiro Shima, Representative Director
Contact address: 85 Sakata, Wakayama, 641-8511